Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I had a temporary order of protection against my husband in…

Customer Question
I had a temporary...

I had a temporary order of protection against my husband in 2015 for pushing me and causing me to flip over the dining room chair and hitting my head. After a while I decided to drop it and we moved to see if our marriage could work,well it's not. I separated myself by staying in a different room in our home. I placed a lock on my bedroom door for safety,he then pull the lock off my door while I wasn't home,this is after threatening my mom to come and pick me up or else. I made a police report went to family court and took out a temporary order of protection,the very next day he took out one against me and made false allegations. Now the judge ordered that we have to rotate the weekly in our home while or 9 and 12 yr old stay in the house. He has basically made my life a nightmare. I am a registered nurse can this affect my employment.by the way I am filing for a divorce. He is basically saying if I drop mines he will drop his..and I am not ever dropping my order.can this situation effect my future employment

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in N.Y.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am in N.Y.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He filed a Temporary order of protection we are supposed to return on 30th of January

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/22/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 2 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’m and attorney. What can I answer for you?
Will the temporary order of protection effect my employment as a registered nurse
He only took one out on me because I took one out on him the day before and had him removed from our home
See how
I had a temporary order of protection...
I had a temporary order of protection against my husband in 2015 for pushing me and causing me to flip over the dining room chair and hitting my head. After a while I decided to drop it and we moved to see if our marriage could work,well it's not. I separated myself by staying in a different room inour home. I placed a lock on my bedroom door for safety,he then pull the lock off my door while I wasn't home,this is after threatening my mom to come and pick me up or else. I made a police report went to family court and took out a temporary order of protection,the very next day he took out one against me and made false allegations. Now the judge ordered that we have to rotate the weekly in our home while or 9 and 12 yr old stay in the house. He has basically made my life a nightmare. I am a registered nurse can this affect my employment.by the way I am filing for a divorce. He is basically saying if I drop mines he will drop his..and I am not ever dropping my order.can this situation effect my future employment

A temporary order of protection is very unlikely to show up on a background check - but a permanent order of protection is likely to show up. When you ask whether it would affect your future employment, I'm afraid I can't answer that definitively b/c there's just no way to know for sure whether employers will choose not to hire you as a result of it.

Ely, Counselor at Law