Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have 1 year old twins I have been rasing them the hole…

Customer Question
Okay so I have...

Okay so I have 1 year old twins I have been rasing them the hole time and I let their father see them all the time I told him I was taking him for child support and then he filed for joint custody we have court in 2 weeks he always comes to my house to see them is there anyway I can tell him he can't come no more tell we go to court without hurting my own case

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Buffalo NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Bo thank you No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 5 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Okay thank you

I got your initial response to want to get back at him for his filing but you'll be shooting yourself in the foot if you do that. It's sort of a common knee jerk reaction but then you give him ammunition to say to a judge "See, Your Honor, she won't let me see my child" and then he could ask for full custody (which, admittedly he is very unlikely to get - but do you need that headache). Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS ***** is always appreciated! If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney