Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am asking questions about my daughters divorce. She was…

Customer Question
I am asking questions...

I am asking questions about my daughters divorce. She was divorced about 10 years ago in Florida from a hospital CEO. She is a school teacher and

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I did not finish telling you and sent the message. She was divorced in Florida and now lives in St. Louis and the ex lives in Oklahoma. She was told that she would have to have the records transferred here but that the decree is final and there is nothing they can do for her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is a school teacher and he is a CEO of a hospital and pays some support but not willing to pay for the kids schooling and other things. I am the mother-in-law (she is my daughter) and she lives with me in St. Louis and helps as much as she can but I am on social security and work part-time and have been dipping into my retirement a lot lately to help cover her expenses.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/21/2017
Family Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

It sounds like maybe she has an old child support order that needs to be updated because the children are older and have higher expenses, does that sound accurate? Is the child support order older than 2 years?