Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband of 28 yrs left me 2 weeks ago, he stated he did…

Customer Question
My husband of 28...

My husband of 28 yrs left me 2 weeks ago, he stated he did not want a divorce but a seperation. He has complete control of our money. He said he wants us to date and get to know each other again but has not reached out to do so. I have tried everything I can to get him to come back and he is now ignoring my text, calls and emails.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your husband taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

We are in oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have no money, I work 3 hrs a day m-f thats it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Family Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

I am really sorry to hear about this, it is emotionally devastating.

To protect yourself, you need to file for divorce or legal separation and get access to your marital money. Is there a lot of money/assets that he is controlling?

Ely, Counselor at Law