Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If I agree and sign for my wife to leave our house under…

Customer Question
If I agree and...

If I agree and sign for my wife to leave our house under temporary orders with my daughter and instead of paying child support I pay for her car and half my fighters tuition will I lose and end up paying child support too

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

She filed for divorce and we both still live in the house with my daughter

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Nh

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And she wants to leave and go to her moms with my daughter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
We wrote up temp orders until the divorce
And she wrote in lieu of child support I will pay for her car and half my daughters tuition and I will see her Tuesdays and every other weekend. If she moves out will I lose the chance for any other visitation and any chance that she will live with me? Should I sign this temp order my daughter is a daddy's girl and I feel she is gonna be very heart broken
12/21/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning I am sorry to hear about this. Yes, itis possible that you will need of paying child support and that the current agreement, will need to be modified. I say this because child support is for the needs of the child and the mother can not just waive it and give it up. It can not just be traded for the car, home or tuition which benefit her and not your daughter, so itis possible when you divorce and address this with the Judge, that he/she may not be comfortable with it. Yes, the mother may advise she agrees with this and does not seek support but the Judge will have the final say based upon the best interest of your daughter and the home, car and other marital assets and debts will eventually need to be divided if you can not agree on those.

Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!