Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need advice I am not mared but I still live with the

Customer Question
Hello I need advice...

Hello I need advice I am not mared but I still live with the father of my 5 month old baby my son was born here he has American passport can I take my son back with me in Europe do the fact that his father is alcoholic and harassing me

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I didn't I am affreid of long process and I don't have money for layers

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I did report him to police for harassment he was in jail for that for a week and then he got out becose I drope the charge he is the one with better pay job

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

I'm assuming there is NO court order restricting your travelling to Europe. If that is correct you CAN take your child to Europe - because there is no legal restriction preventing you from doing so.

Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question - by selecting the appropriate number of stars - so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be happy to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively (3, 4, 5 stars - 5 stars is definitely appreciated!). It does NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.