Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My divorce decree states I have the right to a phone number…

Customer Question
My divorce decree states...

My divorce decree states I have the right to a phone number and adress where my kids reside. They reside with my ex husband and his girlfriend in her Home. I want her phone number in case of emergency and he says bc it’s a cell he can give me his? Is that correct when she is with my kids in the home only her name is on?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

For what

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I’m in nevada

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/21/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear you are having custody issues.

Unfortunately each party to the order is only obligated based on what the order specifically states, so if there is no disclosure requirement re: contact information, one would need to petition the court to modify the order accordingly.
Most courts will allow this modification because a "reasonable" parent would wish to be privy to this information, and it may be necessary in cases of emergency.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello Again;

If you have any questions on the above please post by this evening so I can respond tomorrow morning; otherise I will be out of the office for a few days; of course upon my return you can also follow up then.

Enjoy your holidays, and thank you!

If no further questions kindly rate positively but if questions remain, ask away!