Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am working on my income/ expenses on a divorce form, I am…

Customer Question
I am working on...

I am working on my income/ expenses on a divorce form, I am a self employed individual (1099) I have a LLC, I am unsure what my income is categorized as, as I am on commissions.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, I am working on them for the first time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Self-employment income is typically reported as "business income" or "other", depending on how the form is worded. If you paid yourself a salary/commissions as an employee, which would mean giving yourself a W-2, then it would be reported a wages/commission. But self-employment income is separate.

Do you have any questions about this?