Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What are the steps that I need to take to remove locks from…

Customer Question
What are the steps...

What are the steps that I need to take to remove locks from properties I have power attorney over

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None so far

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am fighting my nieces because they do not want me to have power of attorney for their father so they are trying to declare that he is not of sound mind

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
My niece has changed the locks on the house and she's going around to the bank and register Deeds at the courthouse trying to convince them that her father was not a sound mind
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your probate law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you today with your question in relation to your power of attorney document.

SO long as the power of attorney was properly executed according to NC State laws the document is valid now until further declared void by the court.

The listed powers in the POA give you the legal right to do all those things, including managing the properties if stated therein.

If you have a copy of the POA you can send it to me for an extra review service, just let me know ?

Because you have the legal right to enforce all those powers in the POA , your niece is acting outside the law until the court grants her the claimed declaration that she insists in.

Until then you need to contact law enforcement for any illegal activity that your niece is engaging in.

In relation to the properties and locks this may amount to : tress pass, criminal tampering, or burglary.

We are here to help, so please follow up with me as you may require.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill

I HAVE NOT SEEN THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION

I will repost now.There must have been a site glitch.

Dear Customer ,

FIVE STARS is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer