Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I got a good freind that recently had her kids taken by dhs.

Customer Question
She loves her babies and...
I got a good freind that recently had her kids taken by dhs. She loves her babies and her house in clean. She took her baby to er the hospital staff thought she was high on something so they took her kids from there and has not got them back. She loves her babies and kept them in a safe environment. Does she have any rights to get them back or can dhs keep them. It’s just hard to beleive how fast they took them and from a loving and clean home.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Yes, when DHS acts they act very quickly for obvious reasons - they can't be giving people advance notice when they believe a child is in danger. I hope that makes sense. If your friend doesn't have family that can take custody of the child, the child will likely be placed with a foster family while DHS investigates.

Please let me know if that answers your question.