Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife left 8 months ago we r separated she spent 22 hours…

Customer Question
My wife left 8...

My wife left 8 months ago we r separated she spent 22 hours with thirteen year old son now she says I am keeping him from her so I filed family court should I be worried

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you already have a court ordered custody agreement? Or will this be your first visit to court for custody?

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!