Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am going through a divorce, and I was the one to get a…

Customer Question
I am going through...

I am going through a divorce, and I was the one to get a restraining order from him. I was awarded 1000 bi weekly, back in september and have not seen a dime, then we had the CPO hearing and things changed, I felt screwed out of everything, and then there was a non oral hearing on 15th of this month, which was for divorce, which he had filed, (against my religion to get divorced) I asked the secretary at my lawyers office if I had to attend and he said no, so if course I didn't go. Now today I received in the mail that a GAL is over my kids, which I have always been the one to take care of the kids. And have not received child support or anything, I am starting to feel that I am paying my attorney for nothing, just waisting away money, although what he was telling me in the beginning sounded good.. Not so more, so I was wondering if I should take further actions against the court system and if so how?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Logan Ohio, Hocking county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, he filed for divorce, I have a CPO against him

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

The court system and the judge is immune from lawsuits if that is what you are getting at. You cannot sue a judge or take legal action against them other than file an appeal of the decisions made to the court of appeals.

You have an attorney and you have a right to demand an explanation from your attorney about what is happening in your case and why the court is not ordering payment to you as you should be receiving and why he is not pursuing a contempt motion to get the payments you are due. Your attorney's duty is to represent your position to your best interests and you need to hold him to that and if he cannot satisfactorily explain the court's actions to you, then you need to consider getting a new attorney as soon as possible and firing this one.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.