Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can child services make you take a drug test just because…

Customer Question
Can child services make...

Can child services make you take a drug test just because someone said you smoked pot and it cost 45 dollars to take the test and you have to pay it

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, father called and reported it because he was 3 months behind on child support

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is a good mom , she works and has nice clean house and takes good care of her son

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I've reviewed your question, and I'm happy to help. Give me just a few minutes to type up my response, thanks!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear this happened.

No she does not have to take the drug test if there is not a court order.

The only way CPS can issue a drug test is if the person consents, or if there's a court order.

Of course if she denies the test, her refusal can be evaluated in light of any other information or ongoing investigation, and CPS can take further action accordingly.

However if there is not any other CPS investigation or reports, then that should not be an issue.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!