Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can a lawyer file a restraint or pfa for you

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

There are attorneys who will file a restraining order for their clients, yes. The client would typically have to go to court to testify as to the events that give rise to the request, but the lawyer can make all the arguments and help lead the testimony.

Is there a difference between a restraining order and pfa

A PFA is a type of restraining order. All PFAs are restraining orders, but not all restraining orders are PFAs. There are other types that order a person to refrain from engaging in certain activities - such as selling a property while a case is pending.

Please rate my service positively, as this is the only way that I get paid for the time spent answering your questions. Mobile users may have to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Do you have any questions about this?