Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can you answer a child support question. Ohio. I have been…

Customer Question
Can you answer a...

Can you answer a child support question

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been divorced 5 years. I agreed at the time of divorce I didn't want child support but my situation has changed and I need some financial help to help me support support my son and I can I go back and get support from him

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 5 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 5 months ago

Yes, you can.

This is a substantial change in circumstances that was unforeseen at the time the prior order was put in. That is the legal standard the courts use when revisiting a child support order.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 5 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones