Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How much child support would i have to pay my gross income…

Customer Question
How much child support...

How much child support would i have to pay my gross income is 1165.24 a month

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tenn.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/19/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Child support is based on more than just one party's income. For example it will vary depending on the number of days each child will spend with each parent ("parenting time"), each parent’s income, the amount the parents pay for the support of other children, cost of insurance and childcare, and any factors the court deems relevant.

The court may also allow "add on expenses" which means that the court will divide such things as medical expenses, extra curricuular activities, and other things that go beyond food, clothing and housing. They may divide this 50/50 or may divide it based on income.

The state does provide a calculator where this information can be entered and an estimation will be provided:

https://www.tn.gov/humanservices/for-families/child-support-services/child-support-guidelines-downloads.html

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.