Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been in a expensive divorce. My ex husband as I have…

Customer Question
I have been in...

I have been in a long expensive divorce . My ex husband as I have discovered after he sent me to jail for " harassment " We were married 27 years. I supported the family for 17 years. Since the separation I have found thru Womenslaw.org I am the victim of financial, technology as well as severe emotional abuse. He has embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars. He had a long term affair. In court he has lied about his finances . He has misrepresented the LLC. The Judge has not held him accountable or in contempt for any of this. The Judge is a women ! I am almost bankrupt yet he has a large hidden amount of family money. I have worked numerous jobs and have invested wisely yet due to his chronic complaint of pending bankruptcy he made me sell off my investments. Can you help. Can I request another Judges opinion ? Thank You Patty

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes I am and have issued a rule 59 as the settlement was so unfair and one sided it was insane.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am wondering if forensic accounting can be enforced prior to the final orders. Also my ex will not separate the family home furnishings. The Judge now wants to have a third party ( more cost ) or flip a coin? this only continues to encourage my ex to tantrum and get his way. I have been without my things from the home for over 2.5 years Yet he has helped himself to all properties despite the stay. Again he did not get reprimanded. Also he ignored the court order to submit taxes feb 2017. Mine were on time. He jus t submitted dec 2017. Again he was not reprimanded ?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 9 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Your questions:

The Judge is a women ! I am almost bankrupt yet he has a large hidden amount of family money. I have worked numerous jobs and have invested wisely yet due to his chronic complaint of pending bankruptcy he made me sell off my investments. Can you help.

Response 1: This site does not offer legal representation. I can assist you however by trying my best to answer specific questions that you have asked.

Can I request another Judges opinion ?

Response 2: At this late stage stage you cannot ask the Judge to recuse herself. However, you need to state your objections about the Judge's Rulings on the record so that the issues would be preserved for appeal in case you need to appeal from the final decision.

I am wondering if forensic accounting can be enforced prior to the final orders.

Response 3: Yes. You can file Motion to Request for forensic accounting. You can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.