Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I had a court hearing to file for full custody of my three…

Customer Question
Hello, I had a court...
Hello, I had a court hearing to file for full custody of my three children against the mother. The mother did not show up, but the judge temporarily awarded me full custody and scheduled another court date to set the orders permanently. The judge said I need to bring my "Final Orders" with me. I am representing myself and just had the original orders drawn up by a lawyer I paid for one time service. Can I find these final orders online?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
I attached 3 documents that were filed when I had my hearing.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Bradley

your original attorney did not provide you with a proposed final order?

if you want a phone call you need to ask as it is a premium service

The judge said "You need to bring back a final order and you might want to have a lawyer draw it up for you". What I just attached was what I had a lawyer draw up for me to file for custody, when I filed those papers the judge scheduled a hearing and gave me temporary full custody and set another date to make everything final. I don't understand what a final order is.
I cannot afford a lawyer. I am paying child support while taking care of my three kids solely. Their mom is a convicted thief, drug addict, etc. I really need help.
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

I would contact child support and see if they at least will suspend the wage attachment so that the money sits in suspension so it can be sent back to you

it appears that the judge gave you a temporary order pending the next court date

at that court date the judge will issue you whatever order you present and give you all that you want

Okay, but for my court date which is coming up soon, I am supposed to bring a final order. How can I draw up in paper what it is I want? I thought the proposed order specifically stated everything already, but they're asking for a "FINAL order". I just need to know if there is a standard legal form where I can re-state everything I want to finalize it, that is what they are looking for.
Also, the judge did send OAG a letter to stop child support but it hasn't taken effect yet.
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

I would call to see if they received the judge's order to OAG

Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

you can take the proposed order and redo it calling it a final order and that would be good to go

you can also change any part of it to put in what you want

Okay, but what about the final orders? I really just need to see if this is something I can find online and fill out myself or if I need to pay a lawyer again to draw up.
Ahhh..okay, thank you!
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

give yourself sole legal and physical custody

Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

you are welcome

good luck

happy holidays

please rate my advice so I can be compensated

thank you

Okay I am going to modify the original proposed order. I see there are numerous places where it says "temporary" order and temporsry custody etc should I replace that with the word final? Can you see the order that I attached and recommend how I can rephrase parts of it? I am going to take off the temporat restraining order part.
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

yes you can replace the wording

Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

i would focus on the custody parts and the no contact with her and the children from this point until she gets drug and alcohol help (if needed)

or anger management (if needed) or parenting classes etc

What are the times that you are available to talk on the phone tonight or until. I am in Central Time right now but cannot talk on the phone until about an hour from now
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

we can try to hook up in a few hours