Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

HUSBAND ABANDONED RESIDENCE AND MOVED TO MEXICO AFTER 12…

Customer Question
HUSBAND ABANDONED RESIDENCE AND...

HUSBAND ABANDONED RESIDENCE AND MOVED TO MEXICO AFTER 12 YEARS OF MARRIAGE, DOES NOT SEND ANY MONEY FOR RENT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HIS ADDRESS. HE CLAIMS HE MOVED BECAUSE HE DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FROM HIS SOCIAL SECURITY TO PAY ANY PART OF MY RENT. HE SENDS WHEN HE CAN $300 FOR LOAN TO BANK THAT WAS FOR HIM UNDER MY NAME.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

LOS ANGELES, and now i moved to Laguna Woods because I had to move for lack of him paying rent for 3 months. I have sold my wedding ring and earrings and am living off that for now. Does he not have any obligations/

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have contacted social security here, nothing has been done. I saw a lawyer and she claims since I have no money to forget it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I have any legal rights to him paying some part of this rent

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/18/2017
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?