Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I would like to know if the child support amount is the

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if the child support amount is the lowest that it could be or if there is a possibility that it could go lower? The reason why I ask is because I scheduled a court hearing to modify my child’s father’s child Support due to his change of employment and I just need to know if I need to cancel the hearing or if the amount could just remain the same if he makes less than his previous employer. I don’t want to risk getting less since he pays a low amount already.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas Dallas County

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I’ve tried to get one on the phone and have been unsuccessful.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes if I should modify the visitation as well since the father has forfeited 47 visits so far in a 10 month period.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/18/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I was not aware that I would be charged a $31 charge aside from the $5 charge. I want my money back since that was not explained to me. The purpose of m calling for “free legal advice” is to receive FREE legal advice. OTHERWISE i can just go see an actual lawyer and pay.

Please contact ww2.justanswer.com/help as I don't have access to your account. Thank you.

I haven’t received my answer yet.
Ely, Counselor at Law