Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Our youngest child is currently living in State with her…

Customer Question
Our youngest child is...

Our youngest child is currently living in Washington State with her grandparents they do not ask for child support this was not an option in the paperwork that was filed how do we convey this to the judge?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We also have 2 older children 1 21 yr old clinically depressed and a 19 yr old full time student

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael Bradley

what type of paper work/filing are you talking about?

He went to CompleteCase.com and gave them the information the website says they process the forms
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 5 months ago

what type of domestic forms? custody?

The website asked who would have custody mother or father he put in me but neither of us have custody she has special needs and we decided that she needed more stability so she went with her grandparents. The site stated that if we didn’t use the standard custody agreement that the judge may not approve the divorce. Same with child support the grandparents said they don’t want or need cash from us but he is keeping the children on his insurance and I have the younger two starting on my insurance in January. I think he paid the website to prepare all the forms. But I am not sure what forms they are he went online and told me he filed for divorce.
Ely, Counselor at Law