Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Mother is in rehab for a fall and dementia. Brother wishes…

Customer Question
Mother is in rehab for...
Mother is in rehab for a fall and dementia. Brother wishes to quit job,and care for her on discharge. Is there reimbursement available for him?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/18/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear of your mother's declining health.

Yes, FL is unique in that they have a special program that will pay the caregiver directly and this may be a qualified relative. It must be in lieu of nursing home care.

However, under this program the senior must qualify (age 60+, income and asset limits, etc) and then the case manager would need to approve the caregiver;

please see:

http://elderaffairs.state.fl.us/doea/hce.php

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: