Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

New York Family Law. Is there a maximum time (statute of…

Customer Question
New York Family Law. Is there...
New York Family Law.
Is there a maximum time (statute of limitations) for when one can file Motion for (reimbursement of) Attorney Fees and Expenses with the New York Family Courts? If so, what is the specific NY statute/law(s). Thanks
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/18/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

The award of attorney fees is governed by DRL 237 and 238; 237 specifically states: " Applications for the award of fees and expenses may be made at any time or times prior to final judgment".

https://www.nycla.org/PDF/Domestic%20Relations%20Law%20Sections.pdf

So as long as final judgment has not been entered the court may issue an award.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: