Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My mother and father live in County fl she is 81 and he is…

Customer Question
My mother and father...

My mother and father live in Lee County fl she is 81 and he is 80 he abandoned her 13 years ago and has resides with other women in that time. Her home was damaged by Hurricane irma and I co-signed for her SBA loan to get her home repaired until her homeowners pays out. How do I protect my interest and other prior things I have paid for in the home

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ready

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

She previously had a consultation and the attorney never talked to her about the payment arrangements she has 5 children who will be assisting her in getting a divorce or what do we do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He resides with a woman now, she has paid the mortgage on this home since he has left 13-15 years ago

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Is your name on title? Is your loan secured?
My name is ***** ***** SBA loan to repair her home, only her name and his name is ***** ***** deed. What can I do or what can she do?
I would demand to have your name added to the deed so you have an equity position.
I would also consider getting a promissory note for balance owing and possible judgment so you are in a position to collect in the event of default.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.