Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I wanted to know if I could get help with my cps case where…

Customer Question
Hi i wanted to know...
Hi i wanted to know if I could get help with my cps case where my children were taken from me and are currently in a foster home and social services cps worker is denying me services due to me being an addict wut Can I do to fight for my kids and ask to recieve services.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

CPS supposed to offer you services regardless of your substance abuse issues. CPS has obligation to help you so that you can get back on your feet and take care of your children. If your caseworker has failed in his/her obligation, then you need to contact CPS and ask for a Supervisor. If the agency continues to ignore you, then you should contact the Governor's office for assistance.

You may also file complaint against CPS with the Superior Court in your County. You should also in the complaint request for a Court appointed Attorney. You can obtain complaint form at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or the Court's website.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.