Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My granddaughter whom we raise has joint custody of

Customer Question
My granddaughter whom we...

My granddaughter whom we raise has joint custody of the 3 children.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Court ordered say the father can have supervised visit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

This is the first time that he has even seen them, since the order was put in place. He does not plan to take them to his parents or grandparents who are the supervisor. State of New York.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

State appointed attorney was notified that he was not following the court order however this is the first time he has conveyed, he was picking them up to go see Chirstmas lights

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 5 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Your granddaughter and her children would best be served if your granddaughter stuck strictly to the court order. That may mean denying the father's request for any kind of visit, even to go see Christmas lights, unless and until he arranges appropriate supervision.

Sue

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Sue

Sue
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney