Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I require a copy of adoption record that was completed in…

Customer Question
I require a copy...

I require a copy of adoption record that was completed in San Antonio Texas in May of 1983 and found out that all adoption records are sealed. I am the biological Mother and re married in 1981 and my husband adopted my daughters. My oldest daughter is in need of the record to obtain a passport for studies overseas (she is 41). She has to prove her name changed from one name to the other. I have copies of all documents but

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The actual signed and recorded. Received a six page application from Bexar County to fill out. Is there an Attorney that I could obtain to get this recorded adoption record for me. The attorney we had Krause has no records and is not in practice

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I called Bayne, Snell and Krause and they have no records and Mr. Krause is no longer with the firm

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just need a copy of the recorded adoption record-I have the # the the court information in Bexar county

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com