Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am being evicted and can no longer stay in California. I…

Customer Question
Hello, I am being...

Hello, I am being evicted and can no longer stay in California. I have a daughter with my ex husband have no clue if anyone has custody as we never went to mediation. I asked him if she could come out to see me over summer and holidays and he said no.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet. I wasn’t sure where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No? Maybe? Lawyers make me nervous

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
I need to know how to go about checking to see if I have an open case or if I need to open one. I need to know which courthouse I need to go to to file. I need to know if I can file and request a move away straight off the bat or if that is something that needs to be processed separately and I need to know how quickly I can get any of this done because I have to move somewhere in 30 Days.
I have three children total. The other two are coming with me. They have all lived with me full time since they were born and I take them to and pick them up from school. I can not afford to live in California anymore, so I have to go home to Ohio to live with my family.
12/16/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Rad. Thank you so much!!

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I need additional information.

Where does your ex-husband live with your daughter?

How old is your daughter?

How long has she been living with your ex-husband?

Where did you get divorce?

In what County?

In what County in California do you now reside?

Thank you for the information.

She is five. She stays with him at his mother’s house Friday after school until Sunday at noon in Carlsbad, CA. She is with me and her brother and sister the rest of the time in Oceanside, CA.We were divorced in September 2016 in San Diego County.
We both still live in San Diego County. He lives in San Diego with his girlfriend, but I don’t know where exactly because he won’t tell me

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

I need to know how to go about checking to see if I have an open case or if I need to open one.

Response 1: Click here to search San Diego County Superior Court for your case. If you cannot find your case, then you need to contact the Clerk's office.

I need to know which courthouse I need to go to to file.

Response 2: San Diego County Superior Court.

I need to know if I can file and request a move away straight off the bat

Response 3: Yes, you can do that.

or if that is something that needs to be processed separately

Response 4: That would not be necessary.

and I need to know how quickly I can get any of this done because I have to move somewhere in 30 Days.

Response 5: You need to contact the Clerk's office for timeline. The office would have information on caseload and how quickly your case could be heard.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.