Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter and 4 year old grandson are being evicted. She…

Customer Question
My daughter and 4...

My daughter and 4 year old grandson are being evicted. She got a 48 hour eviction notice and said she had to be out by Sunday. She lives in low cost housing with her 4 year old grandson. She is on disability. It all started by her 20 year old grandson who also lives there. He broke the rules and ended up in jail. He is evicted and due to him breaking the rules therefore she is being evicted. She has lived in low cost housing for 5 years and was a great housekeeper.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My daughter and 4 year old grandson are being evicted from low cost housing due to her 20 year old son getting into a fight with his girl friend. My daughter was in Eugene taking her grandson to his dentist when this happened. Her and her son are on the lease. My daughter an her grandson are being evicted due to his fight with his girlfriend. The\\\\

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Her Son is in jail and was evicted from the lease. She just received notice that she was being evicted.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can she do?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
I am 80 and retired veteran. I do not have extra money to spend. I live on my retirement and social security. Which is not that much. I am frustrated that my daughter and great grandson will be kicked out of there place when they have no place to go. I will have to let them live in my storage shed. Can she fight the eviction? I do not want her and grandson kicked out on the street before Christmas.
12/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Did she receive the Notice just from the landlord? Or has this already been to court?