Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I live in California with my 19 yr.old son. We have been…

Customer Question
Hello, I live in...

Hello, I live in California with my 19 yr.old son. We have been living with a man for 15 + yrs . We would like to put said mans name on my sons birth certificate . You see it is blank where it says father, so where do we start?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/16/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You need to complete and file the Acknowledgment of Paternity form with California Department of Vital Records. Click here for the instructions.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law