Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I and my husband divorced 15 years ago and he now lives in…

Customer Question
I and my husband...

I and my husband divorced 15 years ago and he now lives in Arkansas and I live in west Virginia with our son which is 15 there was a visitation order done nut now our son wants to be able to decided when he visits his dad. I want to go back to court to change the visitation but don't know in which state to do that. The order was in Alabama and neither of us have lived there in 15 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The order was done in Alabama, but neither of us live there. I'm in west virginig and he is in arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/15/2017
Family Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

If your son has been in WV for at least 6 months then you file it in WV. This is determined under the The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA).

Please kindly rate the question so I may be credited. Thank you. You can still ask follow-up questions.

ok
you still there?

Yes, I sent you a response, did you get it?

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer