Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a judge on my child custody case that is making

Customer Question
I have a judge...

I have a judge on my child custody case that is making orders on just what my ex has said and denys anything we ask for

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes i have a lawyer but we are getting railroaded by this judge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need help really bad. he has already kept me in litigeation for almost 3 years and i cant afford it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/15/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Can you please share with me what your question is?

what can i do about my ex abusing the system and the judge being bias
he has called dcf on me 21 times with no repercussions but the judge wont hear any of it

If the Judge is biased and not remaining fair and impartial, you could motion the court and ask that the Judge step down and recuse themselves. Moreover, if the Judge is failing to follow the law, you could have a basis to ask for a rehearing or appeal the decision of the Judge.

i am so lost i dont know what do to my lawyer said that if we do that we will have to wait for another judge while he cont to make my and my kids life a living hell

Yes, you would have to wait. If you have an attorney, you need to see if there is a basis to ask for a rehearing or appeal, if the Judge is not following the law. I know it is not ideal but your attorney needs to be acting in your best interest and working towards getting you the kids and opposing his abuse of the system and law.

thank you i am so sorry to bother you i dont think anyone can helps us

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.