Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife kept a unsafe home for my 4 children she on her

Customer Question
My wife kept a...

My wife kept a unsafe home for my 4 children she on her phone playing games 15 hours a day home trashed I get home from work confront her about issue she beats me up in reaction to self defense I slapped her once she wouldn't stop hitting me prior 6 month of unsanitary home I begged her for family council she took my 3 kids and trashed my home and went to her mom I begged her for months to get help now she file restraining order and now talking bad about me to everyone and I hve pics of her damage to me and my trashed unsafe home what do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

She sits all day no chores done dishes and house never cleaned and kids locked in room while I am at work she continues to play games all day ignoring the kids what. Can I do to save marriage get help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
I have about 300 pictures of the unsanitary home and the bruses all over my body how I fight the restraining order and it was self defense when I slapped her 1 time I'm scared bout the safety of my children and court is in 1 week also have several witness how she is with the kids
I'm trying to save marriage and she refuses help and I haven't seen my kids in 2 weeks and her parents not helping
12/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you have a restraining order hearing coming up any time soon?

in 1 week from her

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So, in your opinion, You may want to consider filing for a modification of child custody. Generally, if there is no custody order, then the court may have to step in and develop a visitation order that determines who is going to have the children. The court generally has to consider who is going to be providing the best health, welfare, and education for each child. What other questions did you have for me?

Even tho my wife beat the heck out of me and I slapped her once to get her off me and the condition she left kids in what will happen

I can understand your concern. The court takes into account any history of abuse between the parties. If the children have been abused or if one of the partners have been abused, then there is a lesser likelihood the court would grant custody to that parent. If you have police reports or other things to help prove your case, then you can sway the judge's opinion. It's hard to predict what will happen, but these are things that can help you out the most.

She does need council and also tried getting her to do family counciling with me with amount of photos witness can. Judge make her go
I want her to be well and also maybe realize what she was doing I just want the family to work

A judge may not order counseling for the two of you, but they may order that she see a therapist before she sees the kids. If you have therapists that you recommend, you should explain that to the judge as well. Did you have any other questions for me?

Ok 1 last thing I have about 13 people who want to come to court hearing and write a letter of how she was with kids and the cursing etc as well leaving a 5 mo old unattended on a bed to go outside to smoke and play her game 3 family members witnessed this and the abusive launguage can I file there statements with my counter file

Yes, you should file their statements as declarations. You can use this 28-line pleading paper to assist you with getting their statements when you go to court.

Did you have any other questions for me?

In California how many years have to be married to get alimony

Thanks for your patience. In California, you can get alimony at any time so long as you were married to the other person and alimony makes sense. If you're married over 10 years, you're usually awarded "permanent" alimony, meaning that the alimony paid out will last until you die or get remarried in most cases.

My wife commented welfare fraud foodstamp fraud and cal viva ffraud and lied on wic income as well I have district attorney who got my pay info how much jail time she get how soon can she go to jail after I proved her wrong doing and what is whistle blower reward

Hello, unfortunately, I don't know how much jail time she would get. That's really going to be up to the judge to make that decision; I wouldn't be able to tell you with any certainty. I'm very sorry.

Once fraud has been proven ever hear how fast they arrest someone I'm trying to save my 4 kids from a nightmare that's going to happen

Unfortunately, because I've never worked for the prosecutor's office or the police department, I don't know for sure. It depends so heavily on the kind of proof they have, the depth of their investigation, and what a judge may decide.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer