Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son is going thru a divorce.She is 20 years older than…

Customer Question
My son is going...

My son is going thru a divorce.She is 20 years older than him and has a lot of money. and has always been in control and supported him.now she has kicked him out with no means of supporting himself. he has nowhere to live. He cant afford a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Calif.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has a lot of money and he signed a prenup

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
he auctually did not sign a prenup! they lived in a 4 million dollar house. shes very wealthy, st. johns knits is where her money comes from. her mom and dad started it, shes still on the board...shes told scott her lawyer costs 600 an hour, intimidatingf him for sure .....hes besides himself because shes his first love at 22, now hes 30 and has addition problems, that she had everything to do with, including playing doctor with haldrol and other prescription drugs with has screwed up his brain chemistry....
He is considered the non monied spouse and is entitled to support and distribution of assets and recovery of legal fees. He should retain counsel to negotiate it and who can seek reimbursement from her for those legal fees.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.There will be discovery of all her assets to make sure he gets his share!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.