Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Is a lawyer representing a defendent allowed to ask a Judge…

Customer Question
Is a lawyer representing...

Is a lawyer representing a defendent allowed to ask a Judge to let said lawyer represent complaitant (who does not have a lawer) (because the lawyer for complaitant said he could not represent because of conflict of interest within his firm) ( but the same lawyer sent a letter 1 week before trial that for $1,000.00 he would be willing to represent) ( he was turned down) so the other lawyer asked Judge "could she represent both defedent & complaintant. Judge said, yes. And the complaintant was charged $200.00 & also lost case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any conflict of interest been documented or proven?

Yes. a letter was sent to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. The Judge had told me that he never wantef to hear any more from me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also have the letter of the lawyer offering to represent me for $1,000.00 1 week before trial.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

I'm sorry, I'm confused, the attorney representing the defendant wants to represent the plaintiff in the came case?

Ely, Counselor at Law