Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Cps showed up after a man falsely accused me of being on…

Customer Question
Cps showed up after...

Cps showed up after a man falsely accused me of being on drugs home with 3 kids. I was clearly not, worker even said but still asked me to be swabbed. I was going to but after thinking I said I would if the accuser was as well. She called them & their excuse was no ride (lie). Do I have to do it when they return to see the kids that were not home like false allegations stated or can I stick with only if all is tested too?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No but do have one if needed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The man threatened my life, & only called. side mumy -8 yr old is associate and getting drugs from this man. Is most of it!

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/14/2017
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

You can refuse to get tested, refuse unless all are tested, etc. but if you refuse in any manner tha the CPS worker finds unacceptable they're probably going to try and take the kids.

If you have the means to hire a lawyer your best route is to go ahead and do so and then follow their instructions. They will stand between you and CPS and force them to provide a reason for testing, or even go to the judge and get an order preventing CPS from requiring it without a hearing.

do I hire & have lawyer here in case they ask again? I know other parties will fail and is reason I requested. Plus want proof to get daughter help

Hire the lawyer but they don't have to be right there they just have to be available by phone. They may want to go ahead and get an order from the judge, they may call the CPS office and insist that any meetings take place in their office, etc.

If cps worker stated she did not believe I was on drugs & accusations were not even accurate then what's chances she can force me by tomorrow? Know my lawyer won't be free that fast. Will fill in his office but just thinking worker seen I was not on anything, and would of finished if all kids were home today. She even sent cops away cause they all seen the aqusations were false.

If she asks you to take the test and you refuse, she will immediately ask the judge for an order to remove the kids. That is usually done within a day or two.

I'm not sure what kind of test they are using but usually it is two or three days for an accurate test to show if anyone has taken drugs.

I have to step away for about an hour. Will be back online after that.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

If she stated she didn't believe I was, cops too, & called accuser to request them take one, says coming to talk to other 2 tomorrow, then do I seriously worry she will go to those extremes if believes it was false accusations & accusers need to be kept at distance due to all they are doing!?!?

I always take CPS very seriously. I have NEVER seen anyone, and I have seen hundreds if not thousands of cases, who took them lightly and didn't regret it later.

They have too much power and too little training.