Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My much younger brother has been placed in care due to our…

Customer Question
My much younger brother...

My much younger brother has been placed in foster care due to our fathers death and his mother not available. I am a much older adult who would like custody but I don't know how to connect with the system to find him. I only know what state he is in. What agency can I call to help me find him. Thank you,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No just trying to locate him

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 2 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

What state is your brother likely in?

I was asked that question and typed that he is in Pennsylvania.

I do see Pennsylvania - but it wasn't clear whether you were there or HE was there :)

You'll want to contact Child Welfare Services: http://dhs.pa.gov/citizens/childwelfareservices/

Then you'll want to click on Adoption in Pennsylvania on the right hand side.

You'll find the following contact information:

Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN)
PO Box 2675
Harrisburg, Pa.###-##-####
800-585-SWAN (Toll-Free)

Thank you for the answer but this was supposed to be a $5 quick answwr. You all TOOK $31.00 out of my account. I am so Mad!
If I don't get my money back I'm reporting this!
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney