Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We live in california my daughter bio dad gave her up for…

Customer Question
We live in california...

We live in california my daughter bio dad gave her up for adoption by my husband but there is a post adoption agreement for bio dad to see her ever 3 month she told him 2 years ago she did not want to see him now he is back in the picture and demanding visitation and for my daughter and him to go to therapy she is 15 and was emotionally abuse by him what to do??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No but i will

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 7 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Because the granting of an adoption terminates your daughter's father's parental rights, any post-adoption agreement re: visitation is not enforceable. Is there a statute you're aware of in California that makes an exception to that general rule of law?

Sue

How did that agreement come about?

Is it just between you and the father?

Sue