Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question about parenting plan to stop divorce.

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about parenting plan to stop divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, I already have one, but I am looking for a second opinion

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think this should be it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 7 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Are you wondering if you can put together a parenting plan that will stop a divorce?

Sue

HI Sue,
we started the process couple of months ago, and it's still going and draining my finances and my health, and causing lots of pain. My wife seems to want to get back together again and I do too, but I am looking for a way to prevent what happened from happening again and be able to use the law to enforce things.

That's a bit of a puzzle.

There are a couple of courses of action you could consider.

Georgia is one of the states that allows for a legal separation. Even if you begin to live together again, the terms of the legal separation will be in place.

The other course you may want to consider is to write up your own parenting plan to put into place as you re-connect. It's a good idea in so far as you can make clear how to resolve future difficulties.

Of course, you may do well to consult a marriage counselor to continue to work out the conflicts that lead you toward divorce in the first place.

What do you think of those options?

Sue

I am not sure why is it not allowing me to switch to phone call as I am willing to pay $59.00 to get on the phone.So the options that you provided are in line with what I have in mind but I still need to clarification that I think best done over the phone.

We experts are urged by the JA site not to get involved in payment issues - sorry.

For clarification, a parenting plan while married could include whose responsibility it is to make certain decisions and perform certain responsibilities. For instance, your plan could include who does what chores, and who's responsible for which bills.

I am happy to continue our discussion in this venue, if you like.

Sue

please that's the path I am interested in.
how can I we get on the phone though?

I'm sorry I don't know.

I'm not in a position to accept a phone call at present.

Do you want me to opt out so you can talk with another lawyer?

Sue

I am sorry Sue, I think the case I am discussing here is best discussed over the phone.Truly sorry.

Of course, no worries.

Take care,

Sue