Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

We are guradians of three girls, same mother different

Customer Question
We are guradians of...

We are guradians of three girls, same mother different fathers. What will it take to adopt the girls 16 years 11 and 2

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The oldest wants too 11 ?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Does the mother consent? are you permanent legal guardians?

no sure on mother, We are perm legal guardians 12/19/2016 and no support from any of the parents.

Practically, you could leave things status quo since you have power and authority to act as de facto parents. Formally, you can ask the court to approve adoption which on notice to parents and without objection and with consent of the children should be granted. It would be recommended having a family lawyer expedite the application to the court.

If that is acceptable, kindly reply "yes" and feel free to follow up!

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer