Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want to give up my parental rights. I adopted these three…

Customer Question
I want to give...

I want to give up my parental rights. I adopted these three boys though CPS They will not take them back. we can't handle them any more.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I don't know what type of lawyer to contact. CPS stated they can't refer me to one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes we are in our 70s bout under the doctor and the boys are 16, 15, and 14. try running over us by not going to school running away ,stealing we need to give them up

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Dig in here, both of you take the kids to CPS in person.As a former CPS lawyer I can tell you if you persist they have to take them back under the law.They are self neglected, CPS by law has to take them and place them elsewhere.But you need to take husband here, one of you waits with children and one talks to CPS.

If the worker tells you no, go to the supervisor, and then if necessary their supervisor.The bot***** *****ne here is that you can force them to take the kids.In fact CPS wouldn't admit it but they get lots of them back.You certainly aren't alone here and should not feel guilty.Don't accept no here, tell them the kids are in danger you are afraid you might abuse them because you can no longer control them.Don't accept no here, if you have too leave them in the CPS office.Again you aren't the first.

I can tell you CPS has the means to deal with them.I mean if you died tomorrow they would have to take them, there is no difference.It is in their interest for CPS to take them and take custody.They may force you to pay child support but they will at least take legal custody.Don't accept anything less here, be persistent they have to take them.Its the law that they do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you I am a Texas lawyer.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.It will be ok here .

We got kids back that tried to burn the house down, assaulted other kids, etc.It is ok you were probably lied to by CPS about their problems when they placed them with you, they do that alot.

Cps will not take them we can't leave them there. they stated we could go to jail. I just need a lawyer here in Houston Texas that I can go to and talk to.

Free consultation

https://family.unbundledlegalhelp.com/family-law/houston-tx?t=%2Bfamily%20%2Blaw%20lawyer&gclid=CjwKCAiAvMPRBRBIEiwABuO6qWKrMT5zOa-TLXsRX9Adko5BQDfuX8ccRPmRLL460EkodVoEC6WhrhoCVF0QAvD_BwE

You won't go to jail here.Don't let them give you that huey, you aren't abandoning them if you leave them at CPS. This is not uncommon at all , it happens don't let them guilt trip you here.

Another one

Law Office of Stefanie M. Gonzalez, PLLC  

4.97 Google reviews

Law firm in Houston, Texas

Address: 5005 W 34th St #206, Houston, TX 77092

Hours:

Open today · 9AM–5:45PM

Phone: (281)(###) ###-####/a>

I have to go back to work now. please send me a lawyer name and number

I sent you ones above.Thanks for rating 5 stars and prayers to you here.

4.97 Google reviews

Law firm in Houston, Texas

Hours:

Open today · 9AM–5:45PM

Phone:(###) ###-####/a>

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer