Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is there a standard form to Dismiss a Motion? And what is…

Customer Question
Is there a standard...

Is there a standard form to Dismiss a Motion? And what is the difference between a prejudice and a non-prejudice order?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin tribal court, Bad River

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, I don't have papers with me, but tomorrow we need to go to tribal court, my granddaughters mother is filing for split custody...she left the baby in hospital and hasn't seen her in four years, my son was given full custody..she never and we never denied her visitation...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/13/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Thank you for your patience;

please see form on page 47 here

A dismissal with prejudice means that the case cannot be refiled; a dismissal without prejudice means that the case can be refiled after the dismissal.

I hope this helps!

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

I still do not know how I can file a request to dismiss...isn't there a form I need to submit when I go to court tomorrow?
Were you able to review the form in that packet? The motion is a request to the court to dismiss an action. The court will then hold a hearing on the matter aftwr the motion is filed and served on the other party. One would need to assert the grounds for the motion and the other party would present evidence that would argue against the fa ts alleged.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer