Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My x told e to go and sign settlement papers that our

Customer Question
My x told e...

My x told e to go and sign settlement papers that our finical lawyer was handling our no fault divorce. he has been finical planner for years. I signed papers at his office (where I was told to go)I did not read did not understand and thought my lawer has read,found out later I had no lawyer they just sent n

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Me to his office (ms)

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My big question here is...... a judge signed off on the settlement paper I was told they never read, is he accountable for anything. he would not have sign if he had read.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Court date pending.... lawyer says the judge never reads and just signs.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

I did , the judge that signed off on my divorce settlement papers did not read and just signed,
is he reasonable for anything.no fault divorce she got 95%

Thank you for the information.

It is no reasonable for a Judge to approve the Divorce Agreement without reviewing it. It is the Judge's responsibilities to review the agreement to ensure that the agreement is fair to all the parties and that the parties signed the agreement voluntarily. If the Judge failed in his duties, then you need to file Motion to Vacate the Approved Settlement and start over. If the Judge denies your Motion, you need to file an appeal.

Also, you should never sign an agreement without reading it.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.