Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A deputy sheriff left a business card saying call for

Customer Question
A deputy sheriff left...

A deputy sheriff left a business card saying call for service. Civil service

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sc

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I recently went down to the child support office to ask if the child support could be dropped for my 18 yr old because he has graduated, moved out his mom's house and is working 2 jobs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am currently paying child support but there is a little bit of arrears

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Seattle Scott, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Seattle Scott

Are you asking whether you should contact the sheriff to see what is up?

The sheriff is going to serve you some court papers - he/she is acting as a process server. I don't know the nature of the papers, you can call the sheriff and see if he/she will tell you what the papers are about ( who is requesting the process service) - to see if you want to cooperate in getting yourself served.