Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My nephew who is divorced with 2 girls (twins) gets his

Customer Question
My nephew who is...

My nephew who is divorced with 2 girls (twins) gets his girls for Christmas every other year - and never tells the mother where or anything as to his plans and where they will be. He has a very serious anger problem - has been ordered by a judge to get help. He got anger management for only 4 hours. His x wife - who I have had a good relationship with since I met her years ago and stayed close to here. We got along. My nephew does not like it that we communicate, She keeps me up to date on the girls - with pictures and letters. Also some phone calls. Is there anything she can do to help with the co parenting? with his bad mouthing her and calling her a liar - also telling the kids they are liars like their mom.. He even threw one of the girls across the room. Is there any help for her and the girls. My advise was to talk to the lawyer - and keep a journal. .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas - Lubbock

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I do know who he is. Should I ask her for his name and number?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I am worried for the girls because of his anger. It is bad. I talked with a priest in Sioux City - and He advised me not to answer any correspondence has with me and to stay quiet when he tries to start something with you. He just tried yesterday on Facebook - and i did not bite. He called me a liar too. I never replied.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/12/2017
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.