Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

There was a law that passed last Summer of 2016, which

Customer Question
There was a law...

There was a law that passed last Summer of 2016, which states that if a child becomes disabled before the age of 18, the child can sue the parent for child support. Is this true?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have spoken to several Lawyers, they told me this law has been trying to get passed for about 5 years. Summer session in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the Legislator passed the law. I can't find anything on it. and even though she is disabled, she has to fie

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that would be it, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/12/2017
Family Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Family Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago

Here is a link to the law you referenced, which was modified in Aug. 2016:

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=107388

I hope this helps.

Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Family Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you have another question for me? If not, please rate me. That is the only way that I get credit for the work that I have done for you.

Thanks