Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife lost her last child from another man to cops, we had…

Customer Question
My wife lost her last...
My wife lost her last child from another man to cops, we had a child together and after the child was born they took the child from her, but gave it back after I got an attorney. The judge allowed the child to be with her as long as I was there. After 9 years of the child's life she left me with child but kept the child's disability card. what legal actions do I need to do to get my child's card from her?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
CPS
not cops
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/12/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to contact the agency that issued the card to cancel the card and issue a replacement card to you.

If you cannot do that, you need to file Emergency Motion with the Court for force her relinquish the card. You can file this Motion at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

she really has no custodial rights do to her Prior cops history

No, that is not quite true if there is no actual Order from the Court regarding custody. However, you can certainly argue that she has no custody because she violated the condition for custody :"The judge allowed the child to be with her as long as I was there."

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law