Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My question is I'm still legally married,my husband financed…

Customer Question
Hi my question is...

Hi my question is I'm still legally married,my husband financed a truck for me until I could pay it off. I have now paid the truck in full but he refuses to transfer the title over now..its in his name but I paid for it with a personal inheritance so I could I go about getting the title transferred? Is it possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Illinois the truck is 8 years old we bought it in March

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's about it I just would like the truck title in my name

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/12/2017
Family Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

There is no way to force him to transfer the title except for him suing him for breach of contract or divorce.