Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can a school force a child to sign a no contact order if you…

Customer Question
Can a school force a...
Can a school force a child to sign a no contact order if you don't agree with it ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Can you please tell me more here, I want to help you,thanks.

The school wrote up a contract that says if my kid even texts other kids name after school he will be expelled , that's the part I'm most worried about . They said they can force this into place even though he was the child assaulted by the other kid . This also means if other students come and say he said something and then be expelled . I said we don't agree to it . Now they are forcing it . I do not trust the administration to be fair because I've had to file several bullying complaints against one person in the school . Can they just make up these rules with out us signing ?
I'm at work or I would have you call
That's a picture of the contract
I can't receive calls at work

You can disagree here.You can respond to them in writing and set out that neither you nor your child agree to these terms.They may try to implement it anyway.Certainly you are allowed to respond here.I do think your child may take the safe play here and quit texting.I know its old school and unfair but it protects him here in this situation.

I am also wondering if you have considered moving your child to another school and get him out of this environment.You do it for his protection here.It might allow him a fresh start elsewhere.I am worried about his security.

I appreciate the chance to help you, just some options for you to consider.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I've tried the nearest school is 56 miles away and they only take kids atthe beginning of the school year . I have them recorded telling him he's worse then murderers and how staff and peers are sick of him , and that he was not allowed to talk about those things they said after he left the office . I tried filing complaints but it only made things worse

You may need a lawyer if they try to suspend him here.Try to get him to lay off texting they may be trying to bait him into texting.