Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

NCP is considered non-collectible in the state where he

Customer Question
resides (disabled, has not worked...
NCP is considered non-collectible in the state where he resides (disabled, has not worked in over 30 years, no SSI due to spouse's income)his case has been closed for a number of years. How can he get the state where the order was initiated to close his case?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. How much does this person owe in past due child support? How old is the child now?

He approx. 66,275. Child is 20.

If this person is judgment proof, why does he want the balance off his record? Has there been a money judgment for this amount entered in state court, or is it an administrative order that states he owes the $66,275?

The state that issue the order still has the case open. The arrears are still accumulating.

Do you mean the interest on the arrears? Is the child in college and still entitled to support even though the child is over 18?

He does not know the status of child. Parents were not married. Child does not know he is father.
The interest on the arrears are accumulating.

I'm sorry, but on further review, I will not be able to help you in this matter. I'm sorry I do not have an answer to your questions. I will opt out so you can seek the advice of another expert.